Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Reminder to Self

... and to anyone else who might be listening.

This blog has mostly been centered around the faults and failings of the Indian education system and the treatment of children. I have recently observed, that in conversations with others and in my own mind, there is a great feeling of hopelessness and pessimism. I often find myself thinking of how terribly our system has built itself and how there will be a steadily worse situation in the future.

I must remind myself that the system does self-organize to create (or at least provide enough stability to leave undamaged) a few gifted individuals who make a large difference to the world around them. It has been proved time and again that one person can truly make change - even on a small scale. A group of people can indeed make the world a better place. And they constantly do. There are a large number of people who tirelessly do their jobs every day and several who do more than their jobs to bring light into people's lives without expecting any returns.

I must  remind myself of the amazing stories that I may have picked up, be inspired by them and document them for someone to read in future and maybe get inspired themselves. This must not just be a document of frustration and complaints and rants. Here's to some optimism and inspiration.
 

No comments: