Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

TN Government education website

I really hope I don't slip to my negative writing again with this post. I just want to analyse stuff not comment about it and laugh scornfully at it. I know that it will take me no where. But it is very difficult for me. I still will try my best to remain positive.

I found this at the Tamilnadu government education website. http://www.tn.gov.in/schooleducation/

Our dream


  • To provide elementary schools in hamlets where there are no schools

  • To provide free and compulsory education for all children of age group 6-14.

  • To provide eight years of schooling for all children before 2010.

  • To eradicate dropouts before 2010 fully.

  • To improve the quality of education from the pre-school to higher secondary school level.

  • To eradicate illiteracy

  • To open village libraries where there is a population of 5000 and above.

  • To encourage health education in schools.

Let me be clear. I have nothing against the list. Its the title that is getting on my nerves and making me grit my teeth.
Building schools and educating people, building libraries and maintaining them well - these are not "dreams" for God's sake. This is the very reason the education department has been established in the first place. They are not doing this for charity. It is their job.
Now you see why I am so terribly pessismistic. With people who act as if what they are doing is not duty, but something that makes them look like saviours and martyrs, how can people not be filled with hatred and disgust.

I read on the web, a few days back, that the education rate in SriLanka is 80% because compulsory education has been enforced there. Even though it is a country ravaged by war and turmoil, people are actually making sure that kids are getting to study. There is real commitment.

2 comments:

Vijay said...

A dream is also a "A cherished desire". This is wat the wordweb said.
Well its just the problem with the title and not the content right... we need to worry only if the content is wrong more than the title.
Its like watching a movie for a title. No we dont do it. We see the movie for its contents.
Look at the contents of the so called "Dream:. They are absolutely fine. :-)

Unknown said...

I wish their dream wil com true.... fr de gd of all those young minds dat r 2 com in de close future...

They call it a dream, bcoz many ppl, themselves r not ready 2 accept challenges in front of them, n they wait fr de others 2 step forward 2 show them a path 2 walk on....... they r not willing 2 make their own path 2 reach de goal!!!! I wish they com out wit sm gd ideas, which wil make changes at de base ot de pyramid, so dat they wil get 2 move on forward, as they wil narrow their path 2 de top n end up reaching de goal, wit a fine tip.......