Pages

Friday, August 24, 2007

I will

I am comfortable here in my house, with people around me who love me, all my needs fulfilled. I can enjoy life and feel secure and happy. There are so many things that I have the strength and ability to appreciate. Like beautiful sunsets, laughter, books, stars, birds, having ideas and see them taking shape, learning, seeing, hearing, sharing, speaking. Such a full life. This fills me with the desire to spread this happiness. It makes me want to believe that someday everybody who lives on this planet can experience this life, take it in and enjoy it the way I do.
There are ways that I believe will make this planet better to live in for those millions who are not as fortunate as I am. I am not overly ambitious. I don't want to change the world and be declared Earth's saviour. I just want to believe, when I am old and weak, that there were a handful of people whose lives were made better by my efforts and that they could share my enthusiasm and love for Earth and nature.

No comments: